Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Because sometimes you just can't wait - Date Diary #7.5

Well, my self-imposed break only lasted about 12 hours, because something interesting happened.

I woke up this morning still pissed about the whole Engi-Nerd debacle.  Opinions were split on how I'd handled it - men seemed to think I'd overreacted, while the women I talked to thought I was 100% right.  Sisters before misters.  Am I right, ladies?

I texted with Milton a little this morning.  I was working to find some perspective for the previous night's events.  I decided that the Lord had simply removed all my other boy distractions so I could see where things might go with Milton.  It's hard to get invested in anybody when you're talking to multiple boys at once.  I think it's one of the real pitfalls of online dating.  Now, maybe I wouldn't have that problem.

Around lunch time, I got a text from Milton.  He had asked me earlier that day what I had going on tonight, and I'd told him my plans had gotten canceled, which was true.  Here's how our conversation went:

  • Milton:  So just throwing this out there, but I don't have tennis league until 7.  Would you want and/or be able to meet for a light dinner around 6 at maybe Panera or something similar?
  • Me:  You think you can stand seeing me twice in one week?
  • Milton:  Not sure I can stand waiting until Friday to see you again!
It was by far the sweetest thing any boy has ever said to me.  And with that one text, I felt the first flutter of a butterfly.  

I was horrified by my appearance - coming straight from work, I didn't have time to get all pretty, but I guess it's best to let Milton know early on what he's going to be dealing with.



We had our quick dinner, and it went well.  I'd consider it a half date since it was so fast, but it was great to see him again.  Waiting until Friday might have made us both more nervous.  In this casual setting, we were able to talk more naturally like we did on our coffee date.  I could tell he was still a little nervous, and frankly, after his sweet text this afternoon, so was I.  It was also daylight, so I was able to get a better feel for what he really looks like.  I know that sounds silly, but our dates have all been at night so it's all shadows and mood lighting.  This was my first really good look at him. Survey says........he's cute!  I'm getting used to the height.  There was no end of the date kiss or hug. It would have been a little strange anyway since all of Northwest Expressway would have borne witness to it.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him again on Friday. 

No more updates for today.  I'm going back in the cave now until after our date on Friday.  You know, unless something interesting happens again.  I mean, today sure surprised the hell out of me....in the best way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment